Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Clinicals

So I've started another clinical. I'm in OB for the first half of the semester. I started out in antepartum where I mostly helped put women on the monitors to see how their babies were doing and brought women ice chips. It was nice, not too crazy. I've also been in labor and delivery. It was so exciting! I got to see a vaginal birth and a cesarean birth. The vaginal birth happened pretty quickly! It was an adrenaline rush because she was ready to give birth all of a sudden and nothing was ready so we rushed around in a hurry and the doctor wasn't even there!!! It was exciting! The doctor made it before the birth and it was amazing to watch! Kinda gross, but not as bad as I was picturing. Then I left her room and another woman was being taken to have a c-section so I got to help with that too. I really loved watching the doctors open her up and bring the baby out. It amazes me that a life is inside a woman's belly! Seeing it come out right in front of your eyes is just crazy! I think I could see myself doing this for a while.

No comments: