My mom came to visit me! It was way too quick of a trip but I was so happy to see her. We ate out, crafted, toured old homes, and went antique shopping. Those are just the highlights!
We went to Guthrie to check out a quilt store and antique stores and boy did we hot the jackpot! Guthrie is only 25 min from my house, but I've never been there. The antique stores were everywhere and had super reasonable prices!!! My mom and I spent five hours looking through four antiques stores and one quilt store. We had to tear ourselves away before we died of starvation and before our wallets cried. It was so much fun! I added some pictures of my awesome finds. I added a couple more books to my Cherry Ames book collection.
We went to the Overholser Mansion one day. It was an amazing old house that has been preserved so well. I think my mom was in heaven and could have looked at houses like that all day long. It was really neat to hear stores about the family that lived there in the early 1900s and about the culture back then. Our tour guide was pretty funny; that helped make it entertaining.
I took my mom to a lot of my favorite restaurants that she doesn't have in Alaska. We went to a German restaurant and had schnitzel while watching some elderly folks dance. There was live singing and an amazing 96 year old lady who had great dancing skills! We also went to Ted's and we both got tostadas. Ohhh man I want those tostadas and guacamole everyday of my life!!! We also had sopapillas that were heavenly!
I had been wanting to buy plants for my "porch" and my mom helped me while she was here. Hopefully I can keep them alive! I love that I have some color out there now. And I bought lawn chairs so I can sit out and enjoy the sun and my flowers.
My mom did my hair while she was here. I love it when she twists it, so she did it for me three times :) I got so many compliments from patients families and coworkers! My mom is pretty talented!
I was sad that she couldn't stay longer, but it was a great visit. Hopefully she'll be back in the fall when it's a little cooler outside and my wallet has had time to recover :)





No comments:
Post a Comment