I always joked that bread and pasta were my weaknesses. Well, now I can't eat my favorite foods. I thought the words "gluten free diet" would be the death of me, but it's been a little over a month and it's not as horrible as I thought. It's tough to eat out and I have a little anxiety about people inviting me over for dinner, but I'm figuring it out. I downloaded an app on my phone called Find Me Gluten Free and it's been really helpful finding food that I can eat at restaurants. I've also found gluten free crackers, bagels, spaghetti noodles, and muffins that taste almost as good as the gluten-ey ones. I haven't quite mastered baking with weird flours, but it's only been a month :) Some of my favorite things to eat now are lettuce wraps, egg salad with avocado, and tostadas. One of my favorite places to eat out is Pei Wei, they have a pretty great gf menu. And Hideaway Pizza has a gf crust that tastes pretty normal.
Egg Salad w/ Avocado
2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 of an avocado
2 green onions
1/2 cup cooked peas
pinch of salt and pepper
Mash avocado with fork, add green onions, chopped egg, and peas. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. And eat!
Lettuce Wrap
Spread spicy hummus over lettuce leaf, add cucumber, tomato, alfalfa sprouts, edamame, and onion. Roll up and eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment