Monday, June 18, 2012

Alaska... my first love!

I'm sooo ready to be home! I go home for a visit at the end of July for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. I'll be home for 11 glorious days :) I've been planning the things I'd like to do while I'm there and so far I'd like to go to the Saturday Market, hike Flattop, drive to Point Woronzof, shop at REI, kayak in the ocean in Seward, and go camping! I'll also be going to a wedding and a wedding anniversary party. One of my friends from nursing school, Amanda, is going to come up for a week while I'm there also; I'm excited to play tour guide! I've convinced her, my dad, and my brother to go kayaking in Seward, which is something I've been wanting to do for a long time now. We're also staying at my grandparents cabin for a few days. I think I also should take her to the Wildlife Conservation Center near Portage Glacier to see the wild animals. I think we'll run out of time before I can show her all of Alaska, but I'll sure try to squeeze in all that I can!

I'm going to see if I can tour the children's hospital at Providence, so I can make a decision as to whether or not I'd enjoy working there. It's remarkably smaller than the hospital I'm at now and I really love my coworkers, so I'm debating whether or not I'd like to move back to Alaska or not. I told myself when I decided to move here that I would stay for at least a year and my one year date is coming up fast. I decided I should start looking into my options in Alaska for work and see what I think. I need to save up money if I decide to move back, because it will cost a lot to move me and my belongings all the way up there.

I've been thinking a lot about how short life is and what I want to do in my short time and where I want to be. I love being close to my family and the beautiful outdoors, so it will be nice to visit at least. Only 31 more days and I'll be home.

No comments: