Monday, October 09, 2006
Community Service
For my bible class I have to have six hours of community service. I heard about a group that goes to a retirement home and they play games and sing church songs with the elderly. I was a little scared at first because I've had some traumatic experiences at old folks homes, but the minute I got there I loved it!!! The people are so funny! Everytime I go I have new stories to tell people. You know how people say kids say the darndest things, well I think elderly people say the darndest things!!! One lady came up to me the first time I went and she said "someone stole my bag". I had no idea what to say and then she said "I think somebody ate it" and she said it with the straightest face! I had a hard time not laughing. The next week a lady started a song and after we finished she said "I always start songs too high, I have cataracts." It was so random! I couldn't help but laugh. It's so much fun spending time at the retirement home. I can't wait to go next week!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment